In this Case Study article we are going to discuss different aspects of Backlinks such as its definition, importance, types and the ways to build them so, let’s start from backlink itself.
Backlinks- In a single sentence ‘Backlinks’ are considered incoming links to the blog (website) or webpage from other websites or blogs. When someone read your article and if he liked exactly the same and produced content linked to the same topic on the blog, they links back that content for your webpage, that’s called a backlink. Still confused, let’s take a good example suppose Mr. A writes a post in the blog about Backlinks, When Mr. B goes through that article, founds good and publishes a content related to Backlinks on his own blog, giving the hyperlink of Mr. a post.
Let’s describe the value of Backlinks.
* Faster indexing- Faster indexing thought to be the most important element of Backlinks. As as a result of them Google along with other major search engines indexes even a more recent blog or pages or article in a considerably faster rate as when Backlinks from high PR (page rank) site which can be crawled frequently concerns your website, which in turn increases crawling of search engine bots inside your site leading to faster indexing.
* Search Engine Ranking Positions- Another important aspect of Backlinks are they boost your site search engine’s ranking. In the event you build or get more quantity of quality backlinks, definitely your site’s search engine ranking positions likely to be improved as internet search engine judge a web site rankings on quantity of quality backlinks. For those who have more quantity of links, internet search engine show your website on their own top pages. Which is again extremely important for driving traffic from search result’s since we all know that a lot of the traffic which our blog receives comes from search engines like google.
* Page Rank- Not merely search engine ranking positions, Backlink also effect Page rank directly, Once you build Backlinks from high PR sites, you can definitely see an up rank inside your next update and that we also know how important is page rank regarding SEO. Higher Page rank let’s you ranked high among the competition that have lower Page rankings, which enrich your site with more traffic than the others.
* Most of us know that Backlinks are important part of SEO (seo). Now next we need to focus on best Backlinks building methods or how to build Backlinks? If you Google for Backlink building, you can find thousands of automated Backlink building tools which guarantees to offer your blog site with Backlinks up to you would like in a single click. Many of these automated tools are free and some are paid which offers you backlinks from high PR sites. Sites which supplies free backlinks from poor sites decreases your rankings, hence decreases your site performance. Different Paid sites that offer backlinks are detected and penalized by Google after their different updates.
So, from your upper paragraph we got to the conclusion we should try for getting some quality backlinks instead of enormous poor quality backlinks whilst keeping ourselves in play safe mode. Now the question arises that what actually a top quality backlink is?
Quality Backlinks- A quality backlink is defined as a backlink which will come coming from a site that has content related to your web site instead of a link which comes from the site which is not linked to you. Quality backlink originates from site’s which uses keywords or sites of same theme. Suppose, site A gets a backlink coming from a site using same keywords or on same theme including blogging, SEO, Generate income online etc, this link is regarded as quality Backlink rather than it gets a link from a vehicle website. Google gives high importance towards the link which comes from blogging site and provides less relevance for the link which will come from Automobile site. Google gives high importance to quality links which will come from High PR sites. It considers.gov and.edu as most important Hope you understand what I mean to state.
Now let’s see exactly what are several types of backlinks? There are basically two several types of backlinks the first is “dofollow” and the other is “nofollow”.
(1) Dofollow Backlinks- Dofollow backlinks are those backlinks which can be followed by online search engine crawlers when they crawl your site. Or we can say when online search engine crawlers enters your page, they crawl all of your blog including links, pictures everything, whenever they crawl a “dofollow” link they, lands at this page. Suppose I link back for you, when crawlers crawl that link they lands at your page, which will help in indexing your site faster. It gives you traffic as well as help in improving your Page rank.
(2) Nofollow Backlinks- Nofollow backlinks are the types backlinks which contains a “nofollow” tag. When internet search engine crawlers crawl this, they merely ignore it. You can see different website source by right clicking and selecting ‘view source’, then use ctrl f to discover rel=”nofollow”. You will observe many links with this particular tag, these links are nofollow links. These links also offers you good traffic although not good for Pagerank.
Note: You are advised to build dofollow links and tag poor links within your site with a “nofollow” tag.
Now let’s discuss Best and most effective ways to develop quality backinks:-
(1) Social media- Social media marketing and bookmarking site’s would be the always provides us with quality backlinks. Facebook and twitter are always proved as good for backlinks building. Just create your fan page there and start posting links.
(2) Guest posting- Guest posting is usually discussed since the best white hat technique for building backlinks. Just visit different sites or blogs which offers ‘Guest post’. Write to them which present you with quality backlinks and traffic.
(3) Commenting On Blogs- Commenting on blogs is the easiest way to get good amount of quality backlinks. Just post comments with your links (anchor text) in blogs related to your niche. Definitely they supply ohlnvy with good backlinks.
(4) Site submission to blog directories- Submit your website to different blog directories like Blogcatalog and Technorati. In addition, i received good backlinks from their store.
(5) Forum signature linking- Participate in different forums linked to your niche. Many forums uses signature linking, just post your URL in signature linking field and it’s done. (Only good quality forums)
(6) Yahoo answers- Yahoo answers is an additional way getting good backlinks, answers question related to your niche citing your blog URL.
(7) RSS directories- Submit your feed to different RSS directories.
(8) Article Submission- Submit your article to different article site including ezinearticles.
If you are following these methods, definitely you are going to build some good quality back links.